When looking and finding an IC which fills a solution consider looking to see if the manufacturer/vendor also provides a development board for that IC.
- Power supply regulation may already be on the board.
- Jumpers for specific mode of operation may be provided.
- Connectors to input and output may be provided for faster hook up to your product.
- Even mounting hole may be provided.
- You dont have to create a pcb.
example PIC development board (for microcontroller)
Resolver to Digital Convertors development board.
Remember Time is Money (if something is done already it saves you time– dont reinvent.)